Intechnic
Users Developers
Home / Forums / In-Portal CMS / General In-Portal Discussions / I wish intechnic kept the inlink out of this portal system... / Topic Posts

In-Portal Forum

This is a place for users of In-Portal to ask questions, discuss various topics, and interact with other members of the In-Portal Community. Please report bugs through the Bugs Team (not the Forum). If you are interested in contributing or joining one of the many Teams for In-Portal, please check out the Contribute section of the website.

In-Portal Forum

I wish intechnic kept the inlink out of this portal system... (22)

Posted: 08/03/2006 9:58:34 PM

Reply Quoted  

Dmitry wrote:07/18/2006 1:03:05 PM
malakaka wrote:07/11/2006 3:41:01 PM
Man I tried to install In-Portal more than a year ago, but quit from frustration. Now, I'm trying again, but it's no good! :@

I agree In-Link standalone is better for what I need. These guys give lousy answers like they're busy with the commerce module etc. Well, I'd be happy if they just gave us a new template for In-Link 2! Instead they give us the old In-Link 2 template for the new In-Portal!?! Also, true the template system sucks for In-Portal. I have not seen one site with customization other then the logo! No wonder nobody entered the template contest here! that should tell you something; other portal template contests get many entries.

I'll try to update the In-Link 2 template on my own, but I wish somebody would post their templates.

Luckily I downloaded the In-Portal from a Russian pirate site and did not lose money!

Hi,

I do hope you had enough trouble trying to install nullified In-portal . As a matter of fact, there been a lot changes in In-portal and other modules since it was hacked last time, so I guess you are missing out some new features .

In terms of the template system - yes it's more complex than In-link2 had, but tell me what do you expect less features and productivity? I'll be glad to email you dozens of the web sites running on In-portal including government and university ones. And let's wait until you introduce new CMS module.

Thank you for your feedback.

Good Day Citizen Andreev!

I tested version 1.1.8 nulled, so I am not missing too many features! Installation is easy actually. My problem is it is too complicated, so I installed in-link 2. I'm not greedy, please post 2 or 3 links to in-portal which are well customised. I have no module, just template for in-link 2 because It is a good program with ugly graphics.

Have a good day Sir!

P.s. Are there many Russians in Chicago? Where do they hang out?

Posted: 08/07/2006 9:57:07 PM

Reply Quoted  

After 5 years and repeated hassles, problems and issues we are saying good bye to Inportal. 150 plus templates to learn, mysql overloads, and hosts kicking us off for using too many resources is just too much to take.

webs411.com has not become the site we had planned for using this bloated script. So we are switching to Joomla and Mosets Tree. Joomla (open source) is the portal software that all others should aspire to. Unified log-in for forums, e-commerce, news posting, rss feeds, and directory and best of all there is one, yes ONE template for the whole site.

* Dynamic form builders
* Business or organizational directories
* Document management
* image and multimedia galleries
* E-commerce and shopping cart engines
* Forums and chat software
* Calendars
* Blogging software
* Directory services
* Email newsletters
* Data collection and reporting tools
* Banner advertising systems
* Subscription services
* and many more…

I can't keep holding every users hand to show them how to add a link.

I suggest the you guys download and reverse engineer Joomla! because it does EVERYTHING inportal does and does it better, faster and free and Mosets tree is $99.00

Sorry guys I just can't do this anymore.

No hard feelings but we got to go.

Jimi Diaz
webs411.com
smartcarofamerica.com
webhostingforlife.com

Page:     1 2 3